Sunday, June 9, 2013

Cookies for New Born Babies!

For the last couple of weeks, I have been making lots and lots of cookies and decorating them using different ideas. For some reason, once you start decorating cookies, you will hardly be able to stop.

With so many themes, you will never run out of ideas to transform a humble cookie into a work of art. So let your imagination flow and delight your family and friends with special cookies.

I'm fairly a novice in cookie decoration as I started less than a year ago and I am still learning a lot about the techniques of cookie decoration. Although it's a time consuming activity, it's nevertheless very rewarding and I just love it.

Every now and then a friend or a family member welcomes a new born baby bringing a ray of sunshine into the lives of all those who encounter him/her. To celebrate such occasions, us grown-ups  indulge ourselves with sweet treats and cookies are becoming ever more popular in such occasions which inspired me to create these cookies.

To create the shapes you will see in the pictures below, I bought the cutter shaped like a baby onsie but I managed to create the baby shape and the bib using cutters I already have.

I used a sugar cookie dough recipe which takes time to master. Additionally, making the perfect royal icing is definitely not easy. Needless to say that piping and keeping your hand steady is a challenging task. I am not saying this to discourage you, but keep in mind that decorating cookies takes time and patience, lots of it.

Now, I will leave you with some of the pictures I took, the fruit of my hard labor.









No comments:

Post a Comment